Prompt: Very briefly explain what you think are the main reasons that the US and Iraqi
governments did not reach a negotiated agreement prior the 2003 wars.
Instructions/tips: Your answer should be 3-4 paragraphs (350-400 word count) 3-4
well-constructed paragraphs means that it will not work well to try to do a “data dump” of
everything you think that might possibly be relevant. Rather, answer the specific question
concisely and clearly, making a small number of well-chosen points. If appropriate, illustrate
with an example or two. I have included a list of the class readings. You should use these
readings to answer the prompt and provide evidence for your claims. No outside research is
allowed to answer this prompt. Please use parenthetical citations (author name, page #)
Jeffry A. Frieden, David A. Lake, and Kenneth A. Schultz, World Politics: Interests,
Interactions, and Institutions (4th edition, W. W. Norton, 2018). = FLS
● FLS, chapter 1, “What Shaped Our World?” (pages 2-41).
● Thucydides, “The Melian Dialogue,” in History of the Peloponnesian War, chapter 17.
● Robert Jackson and Carl Rosberg, “Why Africa’s Weak States Persist: The Empirical and
the Juridical in Statehood,” World Politics 35, 1 (October 1982), 1-24.
● Scott D. Sagan and Kenneth N. Waltz, The Spread of Nuclear Weapons: An Enduring
Debate (Norton 2003), chapters 1, 2, 4 and 5. For chapters 4 and 5, focus on the
subsections that address terrorism (you can skim the rest of 4 and 5, or treat as
● Marc Trachtenberg, “The Future of the Western Alliance: An Historian’s View.”
Manuscript, August 2004.
● James D. Fearon, “The Nuclear Revolution, International Politics and U.S. Foreign
Policy,” unpublished note.
● FLS, Chapter 4, “Domestic Politics and War”, only sections “Why Don’t Democracies
Fight One Another?” and “Conclusion.” 11
● Joslyn N. Barnhart, Robert F. Trager, Elizabeth Saunders, and Allan Dafoe, “Women’s
Suffrage and the Democratic Peace,” Foreign Affairs 18 August 2020.
● Colin Kahl, “Aftershocks: The Coronavirus Pandemic and the New World Order,” War
on the Rocks 10 April 2020.
● Daniel Drezner, “The Song Remains the Same: International Relations After Covid-19,”
International Organization (2020), 1-18.
● FLS, Chapter 14, pages 606-619 (“Will China and the United States Fight for Global
● John Mearsheimer, “Can China Rise Peacefully?”
● Charles Glaser, “Will China’s Rise Lead to War?” Foreign Affairs 90, 2 (March/April
● James D. Fearon, “Civil War and the Current International System,” Daedalus 146, 4
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.