PART 1 of Culminating
● Insulin pump in the treatment of diabetes
What To Do:
1. Answer the following background questions:
(i) What is this medical technology/device?
(ii) What is the history behind this medical technology/device?
(iii) How does this medical technology/device work?
(iv) How is this medical technology/device used?
(v) What science and/or health careers use this device?
2. Evaluate the medical technology/device by answer the following questions:
i) How effective is this medical technology/device?
ii) What are some advantages of this medical technology/device (e.g. why it is more effective than conventional methods)
iii) What are some of the effects of this medical technology/device on body systems?
● At least 3 references are included at the end of the report
● Required information is presented in paragraph/bullet format
● includes a main title and subtitles throughout report
● Title page contains: Name of medical device/technology
PART 2 of Culminating:
STSE Case Study-2: Can global warming result in habitat loss?
Each species evolves to thrive in its own particular ecological niche – to live in a particular
“Home” with specific living conditions (including temperatures ranges and other plant and animal
species). Some species are more adaptable than others. For example, rats and dogs can survive
under many different conditions, but koalas can only live where there is eucalyptus, and pandas
where there are bamboo. Human-caused climate change will alter temperatures, precipitation and
sea level – wiping out some habitats and shifting others faster than many species can migrate.
Your task is to gather evidence whether increasing temperatures can adversely affect a species
and report your findings in a written report. At least 4 references are included at the end of the report.
PART 3 of Culminating:
One of the most interesting things about studying the human body is finding out all the
gross, horrible stuff that can go wrong! Your topic is Constipation! Research it and write a report!
Your Topic: Constipation
● Uses APA guidelines accurately and consistently to cite sources
● All diagnosis and treatment methods ofThe disease are described
● Several accurate connections are made between the disease and body organs.
● Demonstrates Thorough knowledge of background, signs and symptoms of the disease
PART 4 of Culminating:
You are a famous scientist doing crucial work in your lab that requires the use of
Embryonic Stem Cells. Due to your brilliant mind, quick wit, charming
personality and devilish good looks your colleagues have asked you to spearhead a
letter writing campaign to the President arguing for funding and availability of
embryonic stem cells.
Your letter should include the following points:
– The unique properties make stem cells important for research (at least 2)
– The major differences between adult and embryonic stem cells (at least 2)
– Current sources of embryonic stem cells (at least 2)
– How you would or could use embryonic stem cells in the scientific community (at least 2
– Global opinions that support your use of embryonic stem cell use (at least 2)
Your letter should be a polished, persuasive, and respectful argument in an appropriate professional
Guidelines for Successful Completion of this Assignment
1. Cover each of the requirements listed above.
2. Use all the information gathered to develop your opinion and support it by evidence and/or
3. Check each paragraph for proper use of language (grammar, spelling etc)
4. Check for overall clarity and organization – ensure that the paragraphs are logical, and that
They have a clear topic and flow smoothly.
5. Revisit the rubric below to ensure that you have completed the task and met all criteria.
6. Type, spell-check and proofread your paper!
Unique properties of all stem cells (at least 2) – 10 pts
Differences between adult and embryonic stem cells (at least 2) – 10 pts
Current sources of embryonic/adult stem cells (at least 2) – 10 pts
The potential uses of human stem cells in the scientific community (at least 2) – 10 pts
Global opinions that support your use of embryonic/adult stem cell use (at least 2) – 10 pts
You opinion is supported by evidence and/or examples – 10 pts
Your letter/speech is written in proper professional format – 5 pts
Your letter/speech is persuasive and written in a clear, concise manner – 5 pts
References in MLA format – 5 pts
TOTAL: 75 points
PART 5 of Culminating:
ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE of Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Despite scientific ingenuity and modern medical breakthroughs, the bacterium, Mycobacterium
tuberculosis, more commonly known as TB, has made a resurgence that has taken health officials by
Surprise. The rate of TB has been increasing worldwide, and as much as one-third of the global human
The population is thought to be infected by TB. Until the late 1990s, modern drugs, including isoniazid and
rifampin, cured TB 98% of the time. TB has since developed a resistance to both of these drugs due to its
ability to mutate easily, thereby becoming unresponsive to antibiotics that once destroyed it (Nelson,
2003). New forms of highly drug-resistant tuberculosis are emerging and action must be taken soon
before they become widespread globally. Drug resistance arises when inadequate treatment kills most, but
not all of the tuberculosis organisms in a patient. Some of the remaining organisms mutate and become
resistant to various medications (Nelson, 2003) According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 8 million cases
TB occurs worldwide each year, resulting in 3 million deaths. As a result of these alarming statistics, WHO has declared TB to be a
global public health emergency (Raviglione, 1995). In the past few years there have been several reports of individuals with TB
flying in planes and endangering the public. CDC has set strict guidelines that any individual with drug-resistant TB or showing
signs of TB be placed under house arrest and quarantined to ensure their entire treatment under medical supervision. This, of course,
is difficult to enforce and alternatives to enforced confinement that could guarantee public safety should be considered (Sternberg, 2007;
In order to meet the expectations, you must include the following information:
describe the process of natural selection and investigate some of the key factors that affect the evolutionary process that leads to
antibiotic resistance. provide scientific evidence that supports the claims of antibiotic resistance of TB. investigate recent news
reports of individuals infected with TB. Describe the strategies for taking positive action to prevent the spread of TB and to promote
a healthy lifestyle.
You may use any of your unit notes and any additional information that you research. Be sure to cite all
references used. In this activity, you will follow the GRAS (Goal, Role, Audience, Scenario) template provided
below to research the topic of antibiotic resistance of TB.
The Goal is the intent or objective of the task.
The Role is the person/organization you will pretend to be when you are completing the task.
The Audience is to whom you are directing your information.
The Scenario is very important. It is how you will demonstrate your learning, including all research
– Educate the public about the growing resistance of antibiotics in the
bacterium, Mycobacterium tuberculosis
– To suggest strategies to the public that could help reduce the incidence of
antibiotic resistance at home, schools and in society at large.
– Address arguments and counter-arguments to debate your position on this issue.
A member of the general public who may or may not have TB – your choice!
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
– The rate of TB is on the rise worldwide
– Drug-resistance has become a major problem in the treatment of tuberculosis.
– The most effective and best tolerated medications have become ineffective.
– Efforts to prevent the spread of TB are paramount.
– The CDC has set strict guidelines and laws for keeping people safe but they are
difficult to enforce.
– Balancing individual rights against society’s need to enforce the spread of
diseases is difficult.
PART 6 of Culminating:
Use your text and the following website to answer the following questions:
1. Who are our closest living relatives in the primate world?
2. What is the Class, Order, Family, Genus and species of modern day humans?
3. What is our scientific name and what does it mean?
4. According to Darwin, what two factors have led to evolution of life on this planet?
5. Where did Darwin believe that early man probably originated from? Why?
6. Who was Java Man, what was he renamed to, who discovered him and why is Java Man considered
7. How many different species are there total in the evolutionary history of the Homo genus? List
them also please.
8. Describe the evolutionary history of hominids for the last six million years or so. (Hint: is it more
bush like or a consecutive string of bipedal forms?)
9. Why is there so much difference of opinion as to the ancestors of modern day humans?
10. Which evolved first, large brains or upright walking? About when do the fossils show upright
11. Which group evolved first, H. neandertalensis or H. erectus? When did each live?
12. Who was Homo floresiensis and what makes them such a curiosity?
Human Physical Characteristics
Summarize these various human characteristics in terms of evolutionary significance and probable reason
for the current level of adaptation seen in humans.
1) Brain size
2) Erect posture and bi-pedalism
3) The human skin as a heat diffusion device
4) The hand with its uniquely opposable thumb
5) The face and eyes
6) Jaw and teeth
7) The throat and the position of the larynx
8) The subtle forms of sexual differences or dimorphism
10) The retardation of maturation in human offspring
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.