“This is a very interesting proposal on a very important topic. I really like the research questions and approach. However, I think the study could be improved if you consider having clearer -more focused – research questions. ‘Salient features’ is an ad-hoc and subjective category. I would suggest you try to be a bit more focused. For example, you could focus on the discursive construction of certain ideology/idea by these politicians. Now that these speeches are available, try to do a strict, more focused, discourse analysis , i.e. one which provides a thorough analysis of specific features.
Also, the second question could be improved if you refocus it like this:
What does the language used reveal about the speaker’s identity/background and how?
The lit review is well-written but could benefit from a more liberal thematic organisation. Currently it is too narrowly focused on specific events. The lit review is supposed to provide a glimpse into the status of the field.
The analysis section could also benefit from a clearer plan. Currently it is a bit random. This seems to have been caused by the rather vague research questions which could easily be fixed.
The annotated bibl is very well-written. However, it would be good if you could try to provide a clearer link between the study by Fairclough and the analysis of the data.”
Please write a 15000 word masters dissertation with a separate bibliography.
Discourse analysis of political speeches.
1) How issues relating to BAME, and in particular black people’s issues are presented at the house of commons through analysis of speech. e.g. (Please see video of two Black MP’s, Kemi Badenoch and Dawn Butler.) Transcripts can be found on the house of commons website.
2) This is an important question because of the widespread controversy and reach of social policy.
3) Some possible answers in the difference between two black women’s method of speaking (one is a tory MP and the other labour) and presentation of their points is that Tories generally attend private schools and have a holistic education – either she attended private school, or it has rubbed off on her from her colleagues over time together with her value whilst growing up.
4) Look into their ethnicities, The tory MP is African (Kemi Badenoch) whilst the Labour MP is afro-Caribbean (Dawn Butler). See video you tube link above debate between the two.
Following books are useful to look at for critical discourse analysis:
• Fairclough, N. (1995) Critical discourse analysis: the critical study of language. Longman.
• Chouliaraki, L. & Fairclough, N. (1999) Discourse in late modernity: rethinking critical discourse analysis . Edinburgh: Edinburgh UP.
• Machin, D. & Mayr, A. (2012) How to do critical discourse analysis : a multimodal introduction . Los Angeles, [Calif.] ;: SAGE.
• Rogers Rebecca. (2003) An introduction to critical discourse analysis . Mahwah, N.J., London: Lawrence Erlbaum.
• Wodak, R. & Meyer, M. (2009) Methods of critical discourse analysis . 2nd ed. London: SAGE.
• Wodak, R. (2009) The discursive construction of national identity. 2nd ed. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press.
Must be 15000 words masters dissertation and a bibliography. Please read the feedback notes above from the supervisor. (See Research proposal attached and the feedback notes above for it)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.