Policy critique and exposition:
Singapores law on fake news
Part 1 – Policy critique production piece
• PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes that can be presented
• At least 5 minutes long or the equivalent of 1000 words (i.e. dragging your
speech and long dramatic pauses are not viable option!)
• Engage with and apply the concepts we have covered (as many as
• Credit all sources (e.g. published discussion paper, videos, news articles,
• Brief intro to the policy than focus on specific components you want to
critique to stick to 5min time limit.
• We want to raise potential problems with the policy and how they should
• Choose whether you want to advocate for the policy or not.
• Take the position of someone studying the policy and offer a critique on
the policy, what are the problems and what would you advocate
• 3 core arguments within the presentation
Part 2 – 500-word exposition (can write in first person).
• Explain the intentions and decision-making process behind Part 1:
• Which policy you have chosen to discuss, and why
• Who your target audience is
• Why you have chosen your preferred format
• What information you have chosen to highlight, and why
• As before, watch your language use
• Chicago in-text referencing / reference list
• Explain why you choose case study and why you chose to do the critique
MARKED ON THESE SPECIFICALLY
• Content and argument (choose a side to argue the policy)
• Clear central argument, coherent critique, well-developed points
• Use policy case study to support argument
• Incorporate key unit concepts, in-depth engagement with concepts
• Research and sources
• Use readings from the unit and other relevant resources
• Independent research
• Integrate into your own argument (don’t quote for quoting’s sake)
• Written expression
• Spelling, grammar, academic style and tone (you know the drill) Structure and
Referencing (applies to both)
• Coherent structure, logical flow of ideas
• Consistent style, in-text citations (with page numbers) as necessary
Unit Concepts that need to be included in assignment: (Try use 3/4).
Globalisation and the Public
Social Surveillance and the Panopticon
Cultural Citizenship and Civil Society
Media, Cultural and Creative Industries
Media Literacy and Fake News
Global Communication Perspectives
Communication and Social Progress
Piracy, Copyright and the Digital Sphere
Must reference these sources:
Allcott, Hunt and Gentzkow, Matthew (2017) “Social Media and Fake News in the
2016 Election”, Journal of Economic Perspectives, 31(2), pp. 211-236.
Lunt, Peter and Livingstone, Sonia (2012) ‘Media Literacy’, Media Regulation:
Governance and the Interests of Citizens and Consumers, Chapter 6, pp. 117- 142.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.